Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Relief at week 8!

After week 7, I have been relieved to discover social searching etc at a much easier pace. I enjoyed these particular websites. I even found an answer to a question I was thinking of asking which someone had posted a couple of hours prior to my searching and it had been answered already. Amazing. I think "slamming the boards" is a great idea, one that will put librarians' knowledge to the test. I am not sure many patrons here would be inclined to participate in reviewing our services/rating our collection etc online as the vast majority of our computer users are more into Bebo but hey, perhaps it is something for the near future. Our problem, as always, is lack of time but also now we are very short-staffed. That is a wicked combo.....

I loved the Taste website and have registered and can't wait to browse more at home, yum!!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Week 7 was a very full week - I am glad you survived it!

I have been reading about doing things 20% differently rather than 20% more - it will take a bit of a radical rethink to make this work.

Ellen (PLS)